Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Boring Blog About Being Bored

According to Wikipedia:  
Boredom is an emotional state experienced when an individual is left without anything in particular to do, and not interested in their surroundings. 
To Bore is to pierce (a solid substance) with some rotary cutting instrument or to force (an opening), as through a crowd, by persistent forward thrusting.

In any case, I’m bored. Not in the forcing an opening way, just plain old bored. And what happens when I’m bored? I watch the colors shift inside tiny droplets of rain as they fall gentle on the window pane and slide down the glass. One after another sometimes barely missing each other, sometimes colliding, sometimes gentling merging into one bigger prism of their temporary life. The reality fuzzes away and the soft and subtle texture of a single rain drop gracefully dances on the glass surface. It takes the world around it and capsulates it in one little droplet of time until it reaches it’s grounding point and releases the light into the ever changing surface of it’s new home. 


… And when I’m bored I sit in coffee shops and watch new lovers awkwardly flirt over tea and foamy coffees. Their eyes bashfully look away from each other. Their hands accidentally touch. Her eye lashes flutter.  His voice cracks a bit as he tries to stay calm. The energy of pink blushes up from their skin.  Illusions of future realities dance in their imagination.

 
 … And I watch old lovers share space together so comfortably, growing closer every second in silence allowing their heart love to sink deeper into their soul. They relish in the comfort of home within love. Just sitting side by side knowing everything will be just fine.  I watch  the old lovers as they silently sit looking at rain drops on the window pane coloring their world with prisms of love and entertainment. 

… And when I’m bored I act out. I rustle things up and bore holes in my reality. I cry and scream, kick and paint and fuck. I tear away any chance of reality and fall into psychosis just to feel this thing called humanity! To be in this capable body with nothing to do! To be in this complex mind with nothing to solve! To be bored with reality is sinful ,so I must sin and I sin good! I bore those holes into all I know is real until every moment of this fucking boredom is gone.  

… And when I’m bored I dance. I make up lyrical songs in my head more beautiful than any song my ears have ever heard and my body dances in the most fluid way I’ve ever experienced. It just moves without any mental energy at all. Arms fly into perfect lines and legs kick higher than I’ve ever been capable. I summersault on my bed. I leap on the couch and pirouette off the arm cushion. I roll on the floor and spring up onto my toes. My hair flies and my body twirls effortless into ecstasy. Rainbows lift from my extensions and rain evaporates from my spirit. 

… And when I am bored, I call to the spirits … and they speak back. I ask them questions of why the world is the way it is and why we are the way we are. They say things like … well one particular spirit, Akasha, answered: “In you is placed imagination. In you is creative thought. In you is the unknown knowledge of all time that grows wiser with each incarnation.” 
And when I asked: How do I gather more love? Another spirit answered: “By being more love.”   They also say things like: “The key to life is gratitude.” 
… Those bored moments actually went on for a while and bore a hole in all I knew that was reality so much so that I felt insanity kicking in. But that was just another moment in my boring life that flew away with fleeting time….


… My father always said “Only boring people get bored”.  I see know what he meant. Bored people are BORE-ING! They do pierce an opening within them selves.  Each boring moment creates an opening for a new outlook on life. It can give you a moment to breathe before the next opportunity arrises to grow. It allows the colors to rest for a moment within a raindrop. It allows the lovers to fall deeper in love. It allows the psychosis to untangle it self. It allows the dance to be awoken. It allows the spirits to share their message. 
Without that moment with “nothing particular to do” we might never… well …. get BOREd into and grow. 









2 comments:

  1. Lovely story! Thank you for taking us along on such a splendid journey through light and spirit.

    ReplyDelete